A successful voluntary paternity acknowledgment program depends on having educated and enthusiastic partners. Our goal is to engage all entities from pregnancy and prenatal entities to birthing hospitals to post birth social service providers and faith and community-based organizations. We will provide our partner’s staff with training that provides a solid knowledge base that fosters an enthusiasm to help inform parents to establish that early prenatal bond by establishing paternity.
Please click below to access our self-guided and interactive online training course for birth registrars, health department employees, Division of Social services and Division of Child support Enforcement staff.
- § 63.2-1914. Hospital paternity establishment programs.
- § 63.2-1913. Administrative establishment of paternity.
- § 32.1-269. Amending vital records; change of name; acknowledgment of
- paternity; change of sex.
- 12VAC5-550-300. Acknowledgement of paternity- Married Mother.
- § 32.1-276. Penalty imposed for violations.